An experience in a taxi is often one of the first defining moments when you reach a new city, whether for business or fun. This experience can set the tone for the entire trip, leaving the passenger excited to explore or with a sour taste and low expectations of the city. We decided to dig deeper into the reputations that different cities around the world have for their taxi services. Based on research conducted from various travel websites, traveler forums, and the TaxiFareFinder community, we have compiled a list of the top five cities with the best and worst reputations. This information was collected, organized, and ranked by TaxiFareFinder staff based on the following criteria points:
- Availability: the amount of taxis on the street, available to pickup passengers
- Cleanliness: the state of the taxi when a passenger enters; the cleanliness of the seats, windows, handles, etc.
- Friendliness: the demeanor and attitude of the driver; willingness to chat and answer questions of the passenger
- Knowledgeable: the ability of the driver to navigate confidently around the city without getting lost
- Quality of Driving: the ability of the driver to operate the vehicle in a safe and comfortable manner for the passenger
- Quality of Vehicles: the condition of the automobile serving as the taxi; up-to-date, well-taken care of vehicles
- Safety: the overall sense of safety for passengers
- Value: the cost of the taxi ride in relation to time and distance travelled
The Hall of Fame highlights cities with the best reputations around their taxi services, showing the top 2-3 attributes that allow the city a high ranking. The Hall of Shame highlights cities with low reputations, but with attributes shown in red to signify low ranking in these categories. Do you agree with the TaxiFareFinder Taxi Hall of Fame & Shame?