Do you need to change your Uber or Lyft phone number? We get a number of frequently asked questions here at TaxiFareFinder, but questions revolving around “How do I change my phone number in my Lyft app?” seem to be a constant. Since your Uber and Lyft apps are directly tied to your phone number, one would assume that this may be a tricky adjustment but in fact it is quite simple. Follow the steps below to link your Uber or Lyft account to a different phone number!
How to update your phone number in the Lyft Rider app:
- Open the main menu, then tap ‘Settings.’
- Tap on your existing phone number.
- Type in your new phone number, then tap ‘Save.’
How to update your phone number in the Lyft Driver app:
- Open the main menu, then tap ‘Account.’
- Tap ‘Personal info.’
- Tap your existing phone number.
- Type in your new phone number.
- Enter the verification code we text you.
How to update your phone number in the Uber Rider app:
- Tap on the three lines on the top left side of your Uber app to pull up the menu.
- Select “Settings”.
- Tap on your name/profile picture to bring up “Your Account”.
- Under “Edit Account”, you will be able to make changes to your personal information, including your phone number.
- Click on “Phone Number”.
- Here you can change your Phone number! Be aware that you will be asked to verify your new number once you tap “Update Phone”
The process to change your phone number in the Lyft or Uber app is fairly straightforward and as far as we know you can change you phone number as many times as you need to!